Friday, May 21, 2010

Love towards others

I want to share some experiences that I have had since applying the affirmation, "I am love, I am charity!" My business has grown as I have decreased my fears. Originally my intent was to become more like Christ! Fear is not from Christ! Thus, as I have started to shift I have noticed less fear which is being replaced with love and charity towards myself, others and Christ. I am reaching out more because I feel a greater literal love inside for my fellow being. This is still a stretch for me as I am moving out of my comfort zone to talk to and help others.
While driving home I had a SUV pull in front of me. Obviously, there was enough room to fit since we did not crash. It was a little close, but I have always had the motto, "That is not a big deal, since I have done it to others and will probably not intentionally do it again." At this time it was different. As I went through the scenario in my head like I had before, "Oh that is not a big deal...." and instead of finishing the statement as I had so many times, I felt this overwhelming emotional love come through me, gushing out all over me. The sentence was finished for me and by me with, "...because I love you!" Whoa! I was a little emotional as I relished in this moment. Feeling an overwhelming love for my unknown neighbor in a SUV that moved over in front of me. I knew this moment would fade so I tried to keep it as long as I could by staring at the SUV and looking at the passenger inside as I drove by. At that moment, I loved my neighbor in the truest sense of the word, with Charity!
Dr. Kory Brinkerhoff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing how charity has blessed your life!