While listening to a song about Christ I was reminded about a thought I had even before I began writing this blog. The thought is, "Everyone needs to have someone on this earth that they have felt charity from." What I mean by this is that everyone should have the opportunity to be loved unconditionally by another human being that is here on the Earth. What a great blessing it is to have another person care for and love you always and not with conditions. This has a great significance to it. When they extend this unconditional love to you, you then desire to reciprocate it back to them. This allows for the creation of an individual to blossom. Observing firsthand more of what Christ is like. I believed that I first experienced this from my parents. I could always feel love from them. My parents told us that they loved us but what I remember most is that I always felt it from them. It was something I just knew. This simple knowledge created inside of me a desire to please and honor them. There were plenty of times when I did not listen or didn't do this/that, but the overall bigger decisions in life were easier to make.
Now, I have an advantage in raising my own children. While I am still learning and progressing I am becoming more charitable and loving to them. Yet they without trying are very charitable to me, which I hope in turn, they can pass down to their children.
Currently the person who fulfills my earthly charitable love is my wife. Even when I forget something important or when she gets after me, I can still and always feel this underlying love that shines through her to me. Which makes me want to try and help and honor her more, as she is me. What a great blessing it is to have someone who loves you right here on this Earth unconditionally.
So, now I invite you to seek out this person that has or does love you unconditionally. How has that made you feel? What has this taught you? If you feel you have not experienced charity here in your life, remember the quickest way to receive it is to give it out first. Pick another person(s) and go serve them. Love them like you want to be loved and then you can experience charity for yourself here, obeying the greatest commandments-Loving God first and your neighbor as yourself.
All of this stems from one source-Christ and his goodness. It is from him that all good is found which flows to us for ourself and others. Charity-the pure love of Christ!
Monday, June 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing how charity has blessed your life!